2016 Advisory Board Meeting
From WormBaseWikiJump to navigationJump to search
The 2016 edition of the WormBase Scientific Advisory Board meeting will take place at Caltech on 4/5 Feb 2016.
- Paul Kersey, Matt Berriman, Kevin Howe, Bruce Bolt, Jane Lomax, Michael Paulini, Paul Davis, Gary Williams
- Sarah Torres to arrange accommodation for non-locals
- Will fly out on the 2/3 of Feb, and return on Sun 7th Feb (cheap flights)
- All-hands project meeting, or smaller discussion groups?
- Before the SAB meeting or after?
- A pre-meeting would allow us to refine the agenda of the SAB (although perhaps too late for that)
- A post-meeting would allow us to set some goals based on comments/advise from the advisors
- Hinxton folks have more time after the meeting
- Cross-site unification of documentation and code; what are our standards for documentation? For code?
- Organisation, display and querying of RNASeq data (c.f. FlyBase)
- Database migration
- What is the plan and timeline for incorporating the new database in the build? In curation workflows?
- WormBase / ParaSite integration + cross-resource tools (e.g. enrichment tool)