Design Specs: Application Configuration
Maintain and document configuration of the next generation WormBase website.
- easy to maintain
- load different variables between dev and live (environment differences in configuration)
- Document Configuration of the Web Application
- Develop a system for Maintaining Links to External Resources
- separate configuration from data initialization
- current wormbase.conf (Config::General) file contains model info which can get complex and may be difficult to put in .ini format.
- separate the config data (mostly db connections) into an .ini file.
The configuration file for the application can be found in the mercurial repository "wormbase" at the root level. It is called "wormbase.conf".
- pages are added here (as actions)
The templating system Template Toolkit also contains separate configuration related specifically to data presentation.