Curating New Strain objects
For strains that are not deposited with the CGC.
Curators can add new strains that they find in literature and external data sets by following this simple check list.
- Check the following file for existence of names which may appear as Other_name: ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/consortia/wormbase/STAFF/mh6/nightly_geneace/
- Preferred: Create a ticket in the github issues system: https://github.com/WormBase/website/issues/new
assign Paul Davis and include the WBPaper/info on the source of the Strain.
- Enter the new strain in the New Objects form: http://tazendra.caltech.edu/~postgres/cgi-bin/new_objects.cgi?action=Update+Strains+%21
- If your strain isn't assigned then email Paul Davis
- Paul will curate the Strain in Geneace.
- The new strain object will appear in the overnight geneace strain dump : ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/consortia/wormbase/STAFF/mh6/nightly_geneace/
- The reason for a 'reject' will be conveyed to the curator who requested the new strain.
- Once approved or rejected the OA curator should remove the object from the requested strain field in the OA, which removes it from the New Objects form.